COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONFIRMATION IN 2018-2019 FALL SEMESTER
IMPORTANT RULES FOR COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONFIRMATION IN 2018-2019 FALL SEMESTER:
1. COURSE REGISRATION MUST BE DONE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE "REGULATION FOR COURSE REGISTRATION" OF EMU. PLEASE READ THE REGULATION BEFORE CHOOSING YOUR COURSES ONLINE AND/OR DOING YOUR COURSE CONFIRMATION WITH YOUR ADVISOR:
2. PLEASE DO ONLINE REGISTRATION BETWEEN THE DATES SPECIFIED ON ACADEMIC CALENDER (PLEASE CHECK THE ACADEMIC CALENDER) IN ORDER TO PREVENT THE PROBLEMS RELATED WITH LIMITED QUOTAS OF COURSES (QUOTAS ARE ESPECIALLY LIMITED FOR UNIVERSITY ELECTIVE COURSES AND AREA ELECTIVE COURSES).
3. UNLESS ANY OTHER ANNOUNCEMENT HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN MADE BY DEAN'S OFFICE, STUDENTS MUST BE PRESENT FOR "COURSE REGISTRATION WITH ADVISOR" ON THE DATES SPECIFIED ON ACADEMIC CALENDER (PLEASE CHECK THE ACADEMIC CALENDER). PENALTY WILL BE PAID FOR LATE REGISTRATION.
In brief, some of important rules that you should take into consideration before registering are as follows:
A. ORDER OF PRIORITIES IN COURSE SELECTION FOR THE COURSES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Courses with (D-), (F), (NG) or (W) grades. (THESE ARE COMPULSORY COURSES)
- Courses of previous semesters that have not been taken yet.
- Courses of the current semester that have not been registered yet.
- Courses of the following semesters.
- A student who has not yet completed PHARMACEUTICAL BOTANY cannot register for PHARMACOGNOSY - I.
B. The total number of the courses that a student can take (COURSE LOAD) is determined by the "new academic term" shown on the STUDENT portal after the registration has been done. What is written under "Maximum courses" on online REGISTRATION system may be wrong.
C. only STUDENTS WHOSE CGPA is over 3.00 or who were desıgnated as honor/hıgh honor ın prevıous semester have the rıght to take one extra course.
D. STUDENTS WHO ARE ON PROBATION CAN REGISTER FOR TWO (2) NEW COURSES. THE OTHER COURSES OF HIS/HER COURSE LOAD MUST BE "REPEAT COURSES".
E. ONLY ONE HOUR OF CLASH OF LECTURES IS ALLOWED. MORE THAN ONE HOUR OF CLASH FOR LECTURES AND ANY CLASH FOR LABORATORIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
F. From the first day of the commencement of the classes until the deadline specified on the academic calendar (PLEASE CHECK THE ACADEMIC CALENDER), students are allowed to change their course schedule by adding a new course or dropping a registered course. PLEASE CHECK YOUR ADVISOR's OFFICE HOURS FOR ADD AND DROP.
G. In a semester, a student is allowed to withdraw from two registered courses at most. FAILED, REPEATED OR PREVIOUSLY WITHDRAWN COURSES CAN NOT BE WITHDRAWN. MOREOVER, PART TIME STUDENTS CAN NOT WITHDRAW FROM ANY COURSES. Course withdrawal should be done ONLINE between the dates specified on the academic calendar FROM THE STUDENT's PORTAL. ADVISOR MUST APPROVE THE STUDENT's WITHDRAWAL REQUEST. "WITHDRAWN" is not taken into consideration during the calculation of the CGPA and the GPA, but appears on the transcript.