1. I have lost/forgotten my student portal ID and password. What should I do?
You can visit the system administrator, ŞIH OSMAN VEYSAL (Office PHAR112) to claim your password and login information.
2. Can I do online registration?
Students can do their course registration online starting from their second academic semester. However, online registered students have to confirm their course registration issue with their advisors with the specified dates for course confirmation that can be found in the academic calendar.
3. What is the procedure that I have to follow to do online registration?
Students that have already paid their tuition fees for the new semester have the right to benefit from online registration service which can be found on their student portals. After the fees payment, permission for online registration will be granted for the student. Online registration is very useful for students that are planning to take University elective courses, or they want to choose their courses in such a way that their time table is more convenient for them.
Online registered students have to confirm their course registration issue with their advisors with the specified dates for course confirmation that can be found in the academic calendar.
4. Where can I find out regulations for course registration?
For course registration regulations, please visit the site Rules-Course_Registration.htm.
5. I have failed a course from the last semester. When should I take it again?
It is compulsory to take the course/courses that you have failed in the following semester.
6. Can I take more courses than my semester course load?
You can take one more extra course than your semester course load only if:
a) your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is at least 3.00, or
b) you are designated as a 'High Honor' or an 'Honor' at the end of the previous academic term.
7. I have dropped a course this semester. When should I take it again?
It is compulsory to take the course/courses that you have dropped in the following semester.
8. Can I change my already confirmed courses? Can I change my confirmed courses without going to my advisor?
Confirmed courses can be changed by the student online from the student's portal during the Add/Drop period. Add and/or drops must be approved by the advisor of the student.
9. How to know who my advisor is ?
You may check the secretary office to check your advisor's name and office number.
10. How to check my grades, attendance, debts, etc... Online?
Registered student can access various information about their education process on student portal grouped by:
- Personal: which shows their personal information as uploaded to the system, to make sure that there is no problem with the information that was handled to the registration office.
- Academic: which shows the semester grades, a transcript, academic record sheet, attendance and etc…
- Financial: which shows the new semester's tuition fees, debts if any, and others.
11. Do I have to attend the lectures or laboratories?
Requirements for lecture or laboratory attendance are announced by the individual course ınstructor at the beginning of the semester. You should contact to instructor for the attendance requirements.
12. Can I check my exam paper?
You can check your exam paper on the the dates announced by the course instructor. You should check the announcement board.
13. Can I take makeup exam for an examination I failed to sit?
Students, who miss the midterm exam with legitimate and documented excuses, may be eligible for a make-up exam. In order to be able to take the make-up exam, valid documentations (such as a medical report) should be provided to the Department Administration (secretary) within 3 working days of the scheduled exam that was missed. It is the students' responsibility to check with the Department for the make-up schedule from the announcement boards.
14. When are the makeup exams?
Dates for the individual makeup exams are announced by the course instructor on the announcement board. It is the students' responsibility to check with the Department/announcement boards for the make-up schedule.
15. I am not happy with my midterm exam grade. Can I take a makeup exam?
Students who already entered their midterm exam cannot take the makeup exam.
16. To whom should I submit my lab report?
Issues about the submission of lab reports for each laboratory practive are announced by the course instructor or laboratory reserach assistants. You should follow and adhere to announcements.
17. If I have a problem? Who are the people that can help me sorting it out?
Advisor, dean, student affairs…