This section contains published books and book chapters from faculty members of Faculty of Pharmacy at EasternMediterranean University.
Highlights in Pharmacy
'Highlights in Pharmacy' book is written for the orintation of all pharmacy students to pharmacy profession and published on March 2018. The Chief Editor is M. Fethi Şahin, PhD.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2020:
1. Akkartal, Ş., & Gezer, C. (2020). Is Nutrition Knowledge Related to Diet Quality and Obesity?. Ecology of Food and Nutrition, 59(2), 119-129.
2. Gülcan, H. O., & Orhan, I. E. (2020). The Main Targets Involved in Neuroprotection for the Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease and Parkinson Disease. Current Pharmaceutical Design, 26(4), 509-516.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2019:
1. Comoglu, T., & Ozyilmaz, D. E. (2019). Orally disintegrating tablets and orally disintegrating mini tablets–novel dosage forms for pediatric use. Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 24(7), 902-914.
2. Kayiran, S. D., Özhatay, N., & Kaya, E. (2019). Muscari tauricum (Asparagaceae, Scilloideae), a new species from Turkey. Phytotaxa, 399(2), 109-118.
3. Chegeni, M., Pour, S. K., & Dizaji, B. F. (2019). Synthesis and characterization of novel antibacterial Sol-gel derived TiO2/Zn2TiO4/Ag nanocomposite as an active agent in Sunscreens. Ceramics International, 45(18), 24413-24418.
4. Karatoprak, G. Ş., Yücel, Ç., Kaytan, H. Ç., İlgün, S., Şafak, E. K., & Koşar, M. (2019). Antioxidant and Cytotoxic Activities of Aerial and Underground Parts of Hypericum Scabrum L. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions A: Science, 43(5), 2107-2113.
5. Pasayeva, L., Üstün, O., Demirpolat, E., Karatoprak, G. S., Tugay, O., & Kosar, M. (2019). Bioactivity-guided isolation of cytotoxic and antioxidant phytochemicals from four Cousinia species from stenocephala bunge section. Pharmacognosy Magazine, 15(65), 682.
6. Gulcan, H. O., Yigitkan, S., & Orhan, I. E. (2019). The Natural Products as Hydroxymethylglutaryl-Coa Reductase Inhibitors. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 16(10), 1130-1137.
7. Heydaripour, J., Gazi, M., Oladipo, A. A., & Gulcan, H. O. (2019). A novel magnetic mesoporous resorcinol–melamine–formaldehyde resin for removal of phenols from aqueous solution. Journal of Porous Materials, 26(5), 1249-1258.
8. Heydaripour, J., Gazi, M., Oladipo, A. A., & Gulcan, H. O. (2019). Porous magnetic resin-g-chitosan beads for adsorptive removal of phenolic compounds. International journal of biological macromolecules, 123, 1125-1131.
9. Kilic, B., Erdogan, M., Gulcan, H. O., Aksakal, F., Oruklu, N., Bagriacik, E. U., & Dogruer, D. S. (2019). Design, Synthesis and Investigation of New Diphenyl Substituted Pyridazinone Derivatives as Both Cholinesterase and Aβ-Aggregation Inhibitors. Medicinal Chemistry, 15(1), 59-76.
10. Gulcan, H. O., Mavideniz, A., Sahin, M. F., & Orhan, I. E. (2019). Benzimidazole-derived Compounds Designed for Different Targets of Alzheimer's Disease. Current medicinal chemistry, 26(18), 3260-3278.
11. Kordjamshidi, A., Saber-Samandari, S., Nejad, M. G., & Khandan, A. (2019). Preparation of novel porous calcium silicate scaffold loaded by celecoxib drug using freeze drying technique: Fabrication, characterization and simulation. Ceramics International, 45(11), 14126-14135.
12. Kamali, S., Sanajou, S., & Tazehzadeh, M. N. (2019). NANOMATERIALS IN CONSTRUCTION AND THEIR POTENTIAL IMPACTS ON HUMAN HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT. Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ), 18(11).
13. Okburan, G., Mercanligil, S. M., Kabaran, S., & Ogmen, S. (2019). Effects of walnut-enriched diet on blood lipids and glucose profiles in hyperlipidemic subjects: a randomized-controlled trial. Progress in Nutrition, 21(4), 825-835.
14. Karatoprak, G. S., Pasayeva, L., Safak, E. K., Goger, F., Tugay, O., & Kosar, M. (2019). Chemical composition and anti-inflammatory activity of kitaibelia balansae boiss. Farmacia, 67(6), 1054-1059.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2018:
1. Özhatay N, Koçyigit M, Brullo S, Salmeri C.(2018), Allium istanbulense, a new autumnal species of A. Sect. Codonoprasum (Amaryllidaceae) from Turkey and its taxonomic position among allied species. Phytotaxa 334(2):152-166.
2. Kosar M., Demirci B., Goger F., Kara I, Baser K.H.C. (2018), Volatile composition, antioxidant activity, and antioxidant components in saffron cultivated in Turkey, International Journal of Food Properties, 20:sup1, S746-S754.
3.Baldemir A , Demirci B , Yavuz M. P, İlgün S , Koşar M Baser K.H.C, Demirci F. (2018), Chemical Composition of the Essential Oil and Antimicrobial Activity of Scaligeria DC. Taxa and Implications for Taxonomy. Records of Natural Products, 12:(1)14-28.
4. Gulcan H.O, Ercetin T, Kilic B, Aksakal F, Oruklu N, Umit B. E, Dogruer D.S. (2018), Design and synthesis of some new carboxamide and propanamide derivatives bearing phenylpyridazine as a core ring and the investigation of their inhibitory potential on in-vitro acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase. Bioorg Chem. 79:235-249
5.Gurdal B, Kirschner J, Štěpánek J, Ozhatay N. (2018), Contributions to the genus Taraxacum (Asteraceae) — five new species records for the flora of Turkey, Plant Biosystems - An International Journal Dealing with all Aspects of Plant. Biology, 152:(4) 873-879.
6. Ökdem, B., Karatoprak, G. Ş., & Koşar, M. (2018). Anti-inflammatory activity and phenolic composition of a traditional medicinal plant from Turkey: Potentilla recta L. Indian journal of traditional knowledge 17(4), 691-698.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2017:
1. Özhatay N. and Kayiran S.D. (2017), A karyomorphological study on the genus Muscari Mill. growing in Kahramanmaras (Turkey). Turkish Journal of Botany. 41:(3) 289-298.
2. Özhatay N. and Kayiran S.D. (2017), Karyomorphological contribution to the genus Bellevalia (Asparagaceae) in Turkey. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 49(4):1345-1350.
3. Gurdal E.E, Turgutalp B, Gulcan H.O, Ercetin T, Sahin M.F, Durmaz I, Atalay R.C, Nguyen Q.D, Sippl W, Yarim M. (2017), Synthesis of Novel Benzothiazole-Piperazine Derivatives and Their Biological Evaluation as Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors and Cytotoxic Agents. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 17(13):1837-1845.
4. Şeker K. G, İlgün S, Koşar M (2017), Phenolic Composition, Anti-Inflammatory, Antioxidant, and Antimicrobial Activities of Alchemilla mollis (Buser) Rothm. Chem Biodivers. 14(9).
5. Palabiyik S.S, Erkekoglu P, Kızılgun M, Sahin G, Kocer-Gumusel B.(2017), Lycopene restores trace element levels in ochratoxin A-treated rats. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 27;68(2):135-141.
6. Baldemir A, Gökşen N, Ildız N, Karatoprak G.Ş, Koşar M.,(2017), Phytochemical Profile and Biological Activities of Helianthemum canum l. baumg. from Turkey. Chem Biodivers. 14(7).
7. Gazi M, Oladipo A. A, Ojoro Z. E & Gulcan H. O (2017), High-Performance Nanocatalyst for Adsorptive and Photo-Assisted Fenton-Like Degradation of Phenol: Modeling Using Artificial Neural Networks, Chemical Engineering Communications, 204:7, 729-738.
8. Karatoprak G. S., Göger F, Yerer M.B., Koşar M. (2017), Chemical composition and biological investigation of Pelargonium endlicherianum root extracts. Pharm Biol. 2017 Dec;55(1):1608-1618.
9. Kılıç B, Gülcan H. O, Yalçın M, Aksakal F, Dimoglo A, Şahin M. F, Songül D. D. (2017), Synthesis of Some New 1(2H)-Phthalazinone Derivatives and Evaluation of Their Acetylcholinesterase and Butyrylcholinesterase Inhibitory Activities. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery. 14(2).
10. Gökçe Ş. K, Gamze A. Berrak A, Cevahir A, Müberra K, Ismail O.(2017), The Effect of Pelargonium endlicherianum Fenzl. root extracts on formation of nanoparticles and their antimicrobial activities.Enzyme and Microbial Technology 97 21-26.
11. Kunter İ, Hürer N, Gülcan HO, Öztürk B, Doğan İ, Şahin G.(2017), Assessment of Aflatoxin M1 and Heavy Metal Levels in Mothers Breast Milk in Famagusta, Cyprus. Biol Trace Elem Res.175(1):42-49.
12. Kunter I , Kandemiş E , Alotaibi H, Canda T , Erdal E B, (2017), Alteration in the subcellular location of the inhibitor of growth protein p 33 (ING 1 b) in estrogen receptor alpha positive breast carcinoma cells. Turkish Journal of Biology. 41: 105-112.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2016:
1. Kılıç B, Gülcan H. O, Yalçın M, Aksakal F, Dimoglo A, Şahin M.F, Songül D.D. (2016), Synthesis of Some New 1(2H)-phthalazinone Derivatives and Evaluation of Their Acetylcholinesterase and Butyrylcholinesterase Inhibitory Activities. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery 13(999):1-1.
2. Sezin S. P, Girgin G., Asci A, Demirelli S, Uslu A, Karakelleoglu S, Akcay F, Aksakal E, Sahin G, Baydar T.(2016), Folate, neopterin and kynurenine pathway in patients with statin therapy. Ptreredines. 27(1-2): 7–12
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2015:
1. Orhan IE, Gulcan HO. (2015), Coumarins: Auspicious Cholinesterase and Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors. Curr Top Med Chem. 15(17):1673-82.
2. Gulcan HO, Orhan IE, Sener B. (2015), Chemical and molecular aspects on interactions of galanthamine and its derivatives with cholinesterases. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 16(3):252-8.
3. Gülcan HO, Ünlü S, Dimoglo A, Şahin Y, Esiringu İ, Erçetin T, Öz D, Şahin MF. (2015), Marginally designed new profen analogues have the potential to inhibit cyclooxygenase enzymes. Arch Pharm (Weinheim). 348(1):55-61.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2014:
1. Sipahi H, Eken A, Aydın A, Şahin G, Baydar T. (2014), Safety assessment of essential and toxic metals in infant formulas. Turk J Pediatr. 56(4):385-91.
2. Yamali C, Gülcan H.O, Kahya B, Çobanoğlu S, Şüküroğlu M. K, Dogruer. D. S. (2014), Synthesis of some 3(2H) - pyridazinone and 1(2H) - phthalazinone derivatives incorporating aminothiazole moiety and investigation of their antioxidant, acetylcholinesterase, and butyrylcholinesterase inhibitory activities. Medicinal Chemistry Research 24(3) 1210-1217.
3. Samaneh Saber-Samandari S, Gulcan H.O,Saber-Samandari S, Gazi M. (2014), Efficient Removal of Anionic and Cationic Dyes from an Aqueous Solution Using Pullulan-graft-Polyacrylamide Porous Hydrogel. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution. 225:2177.
4. Gulcan HO, Unlu S, Esiringu I, Ercetin T, Sahin Y, Oz D, Sahin M.F. (2014), Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel 6H-benzo[c]chromen-6-one, and 7,8,9,10-tetrahydro-benzo[c]chromen-6-one derivatives as potential cholinesterase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 22(19):5141-54.
5. Aljofan M, Netter H. J, Aljarbou A.N, Hadda T.B, Orhan IE, Sener B, Mungall B. A. (2014), Anti-hepatitis B activity of isoquinoline alkaloids of plant origin. Arch Virol . 159(5):1119-28.
6. Senol FS, Acikara OB, Citoglu GS, Orhan IE, Dall' Acqua S, Ozgökce F. (2014), Prospective neurobiological effects of the aerial and root extracts and some pure compounds of randomly selected Scorzonera species. Pharm Biol. 52(7):873-82.
7. Palabiyik S. S, Baydar T, Cetinkaya R, Dolgun A.B, Sahin G. (2014), Erythrocyte folate status and serum iron levels in patients undergoing hemodialysis. Hemodial Int. 18(1):32-7.
8. Zaroug M, Orhan I. E, Senol F. S, Yagi S. (2014), Comparative antioxidant activity appraisal of traditional Sudanese kisra prepared from two sorghum cultivars. Food Chem. 1;156:110-6.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2013:
1. Ozcelik B, Sheikh J , Orhan I. E, Juneja H, Bennani B, Kerbal A, Cavalcanti S. M. T. , Leite, Ana C. L. , Hadda T. B. (2013), Outstanding effect of the conformational restriction of isoquinolines: hints for the development of optimized antimicrobial agents. Research on Chemical Intermediates. 39(7) 2955–2962.
2. Palabıyık, S. S, Aşçı A, Girgin G, Şahin G, Baydar T. (2013), Evaluation of dihydropteridine reductase activities in patients with kidney failure. Pteridines 24(3-4): 219–223.
3. Ünüvar S, Girgin G, Palabıyık Ş. S, Tülay Karaağaç T, Özcebe O, L, Şahin G, Baydar T. (2013), Spot analyses of serum neopterin, tryptophan and kynurenine levels in a random group of blood donor population. Pteridines. 24(1): 41–46.
4. Orhan I. E, Senol F. S, Ozturk N, Celik S. A, Pulur A, Kan Y. (2013), Phytochemical contents and enzyme inhibitory and antioxidant properties of Anethum graveolens L. (dill) samples cultivated under organic and conventional agricultural conditions. Food Chem Toxicol. 59:96-103.
5. Orhan I. E Şener B, Kaiser M, Brun R, Taşdemir D, Erdoğan I. O. (2013), Antiprotozoal activity and cytotoxicity of Lycopodium clavatum and Lycopodium complanatum subsp. chamaecyparissus extracts. 38(4): 403-408.
6. Sezer F. S , Erdogan I. O, Kurkcuoglu M, Tareq M. H. K, Altintas A , Sener B , Husnu K. C. B. (2013), A mechanistic investigation on anticholinesterase and antioxidant effects of rose. Rosa damascena Mill. 53(1) 502–509.
7. Sevima D. F, Senol S. A. Gulpinar R, Erdogan I. O, Kaya E, Kartal M, Sener B. (2013), Discovery of potent in vitro neuroprotective effect of the seed extracts from seven Paeonia L. (peony) taxa and their fatty acid composition. Industrial Crops and Products. 49 240–246.
8. Palabiyik S. S, Erkekoglu P, Zeybek N. D, Kizilgun M, Baydar D. E, Sahin G, Giray B. K. (2013), Protective effect of lycopene against ochratoxin A induced renal oxidative stress and apoptosis in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 65(6):853-61.
9. Erdogan I. O. (2013), Nature: A Substantial Source of Auspicious Substances with Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitory Action. Curr Neuropharmacol. 11(4): 379–387.
10. Yılmaz B. S, Altun M. L, Orhan I. E, Ergene B, Citoglu G. S. (2013), Enzyme inhibitory and antioxidant activities of Viburnum tinus L. relevant to its neuroprotective potential. Food Chem. 1;141(1):582-8.
11. Temiz-Arpaci O, Cifcioglu E. G. B, Kaynak-Onurdag F, Ozgen S, Senol F. S, Orhan I E.(2013), Synthesis and different biological activities of novel benzoxazoles. Acta Biol Hung. 64(2):249-61.
12. Orhan I. E, Atasu E, Sezer F. S, Ozturk N, Demirci B, Das K, Sekeroglu N. (2013), Comparative studies on Turkish and Indian Centella asiatica (L.) Urban (gotu kola) samples for their enzyme inhibitory and antioxidant effects and phytochemical characterization. Industrial Crops and Products. 47 316–322.
13. Sarac ES, Girgin G, Palabiyik SS, Charehsaz M, Aydin A, Sahin G, Baydar T.(2013), A pilot study on neopterin levels and tryptophan degradation in zinc-exposed galvanization workers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 151(3):330-4.
14. Orhan I. E Şener B, Kaiser M, Brun R, Taşdemir D, Erdoğan I. O (2013), Antiprotozoal activity and cytotoxicity of Lycopodium clavatum and Lycopodium complanatum subsp. chamaecyparissus extracts. 38(4): 403-408.
15. Orhan I. E, Kartal M, Gülpinar A. R, Cos P, Matheeussen A, Maes L, Tasdemir D. (2013), Assessment of antimicrobial and antiprotozoal activity of the olive oil macerate samples of Hypericum perforatum and their LC-DAD-MS analyses. Food Chem. 1;138(2-3):870-5.
16. Orhan I. E, F. S, Demirci B, Ozturk N, Husnu K. C. B, Sener B. (2013), Phytochemical Characterization of Phagnalon graecumBoiss. by HPLC and GC-MS with its Enzyme Inhibitory and Antioxidant Activity Profiling by Spectrophotometric Methods. Food Analytical Methods 6(1):1-9.
Faculty of Pharmacy publications indexed in AHCI/SSCI/SCI/SCI Expanded journals, 2012:
1. Gürbay A, Charehsaz M, Eken A, Sayal A, Girgin G, Yurdakök M, Yiğit Ş, Erol D. D, Şahin G, Aydın A. (2012), Toxic metals in breast milk samples from Ankara, Turkey: assessment of lead, cadmium, nickel, and arsenic levels. Biol Trace Elem Res. 149(1):117-22.
2. Palabiyik S. S, Erkekoglu P , Zeybe N.D. ,Kızılgun M, Sahin G, Giray B. K. (2012), Ochratoxin A causes oxidative stress and cell death in rat liver. World Mycotoxin Journal: 5 (4) 377 – 384.
3. Baydar M, Capan Z, Girgin G, Palabiyik S. S, Sahin G, Fuchs D, Baydar T.(2012), Evaluation of tetrahydrobiopterin pathway in operating room workers: changes in biopterin status and tryptophan metabolism. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 89(6):1125-8.
4. Orhan I. E, Senol F. S, Ercetin T, Kahraman A, Celep F, Akaydin G, Sener B, Dogam M. (2012), Assessment of anticholinesterase and antioxidant properties of selected sage (Salvia) species with their total phenol and flavonoid contents. Industrial Crops and Products 41:21-30.
5. Altun M. L, Yilmaz B. S, Orhan I. E, Citoglu. (2012), Assessment of cholinesterase and tyrosinase inhibitory and antioxidant effects of Hypericum perforatum L. (St. John's wort). Industrial Crops and Products. 43:87-92.
6. Senol FS1, Tuzun CY, Toker G, Orhan IE. (2012), An in vitro perspective to cholinesterase inhibitory and antioxidant activity of five Gentiana species and Gentianella caucasea. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 63(7):802-12.
7. Tumen I, Senol F. S, Orhan I. E.(2012), Evaluation of possible in vitro neurobiological effects of two varieties of Cupressus sempervirens (Mediterranean cypress) through their antioxidant and enzyme inhibition actions. Turkish Journal of Biochemistry 37(1):5-13.
8. Orhan I. E, Ozcelik B, Konuklugil B, Putz A, Kaban U. G, Proksch P. (2012), Bioactivity Screening of the Selected Turkish Marine Sponges and Three Compounds from Agelas oroides. Records of Natural Products 6(4):356-367.
9. Senol FS1, Kan A, Coksari G, Orhan IE. (2012), Antioxidant and anticholinesterase effects of frequently consumed cereal grains using in vitro test models. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 63(5):553-9.
10. Orhan IE1, Guner E, Ozcelik B, Senol FS, Caglar SS, Emecen G, Kocak O, Sener B. (2012), Assessment of antimicrobial, insecticidal and genotoxic effects of Melia azedarach L. (chinaberry) naturalized in Anatolia. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 63(5):560-5.
11. Orhan I. E. (2012), Centella asiatica (L.) Urban: From Traditional Medicine to Modern Medicine with Neuroprotective Potential. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (2):8.
12. Orhan I. E, Erdem S. A, Senol. F. S, Kartal M, Sener B. (2012), Exploration of cholinesterase and tyrosinase inhibitory, antiprotozoal and antioxidant effects of Buxus sempervirens L. (boxwood). Industrial Crops and Products. 40:116-121.
13. Orhan I. E, ÖZÇELİK B, KARTAL M, Kan Y. (2012), Antimicrobial and antiviral eff ects of essential oils from selected Umbelliferae and Labiatae plants and individual essential oil components. Turk J Biol. 36:239-246.
14. Orhan N1, Deliorman Orhan D, Aslan M, Süküroğlu M, Orhan IE. (2012),UPLC-TOF-MS analysis of Galium spurium towards its neuroprotective and anticonvulsant activities. J Ethnopharmacol. 141(1):220-7.
15. Tumen I1, Senol F. S, Orhan IE.(2012), Inhibitory potential of the leaves and berries of Myrtus communis L. (myrtle) against enzymes linked to neurodegenerative diseases and their antioxidant actions. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 63(4):387-92.
16. Orhan I. E, Guner E, Ozturk N, Senol F. S, Erdem S. A, Kartal M, Sener .(2012), Enzyme inhibitory and antioxidant activity of Melia azedarach L. naturalized in Anatolia and its phenolic acid and fatty acid composition. Industrial Crops and Products. 37(1) 213-218.